Deregistration of Hong Kong Limited Company
Pursuant to Cap 622 Section 750 of Hong Kong Companies Ordinance, Hong Kong Limited Company, or a director or member of a company, may apply for deregistration only if ALL 6 conditions are fulfilled.
- Never commence business since incorporation; or has ceased business over 3 months before the application;
- No outstanding liabilities;
- All Shareholders agreed to do so.
- The company is not a party to any legal proceedings;
- The company’s assets do not consist of any immovable property situate in Hong Kong; and
- If the company is a holding company, none of its subsidiary’s assets consist of any immovable property situate in Hong Kong.
Procedure of Deregistration of Hong Kong Limited Company
- Client fills in the application form and sends to us with copies of Business Registration Certificate, Certificate of Incorporation and the latest Annual Return by email or fax.
- We will contact the client in order to confirm all required information has been provided.
- Client pays the deposit of HK$ 1,000 by cash or bank transfer to our bank account.
- We will prepare required documents in 1 working day.
- Client comes to our office to sign the documents, or instructs us to send the documents to the designated place for signatures (*), and then pays the balance of payment by cash or cheque.
- We will submit the required documents and fees to the Inland Revenue Department for application.
- After receiving the “Notice of No Objection to a Company Being Deregistered”, we then submit the required documents and fees to Companies Registry for application.
- The application will be processed and approved by Companies Registry within 4-5 months.
Remarks: (*) For specified industrial/commercial area only, otherwise, client should bear the courier fee.
*Auditing Fee, Business Registration Fee and Annual Return Fee are excluded.
Include delivery of documents (2 times) and for specified industrial/ commercial area only, otherwise, client should bear the courier fee.